Own your Life
Own your Career
Own your CompanySM
We owe a debt of gratitude to the big consultancies of the world. They are the proving ground for the consultants that eventually call North Highland home.
We hire only established consultants at the top of their game. Working at North Highland is their reward for all the talent and hard work that got them here. Our consultants become part of a culture of quiet confidence as they set about the business of improving our clients' enterprises.
Since our offices are located in the same cities as our clients, our consultants trade hotel rooms and security checkpoints for dinner at home and little league practice. As owners of the business, they are more directly in charge of their professional destiny. North Highland sits atop some of the most impressive resumes in the consulting business.
If you think you have what it takes to become a North Highland consultant, we'd like to hear from you. We're highly selective. But our clients and our people wouldn't have it any other way.
Search open jobs at North Highland today!
If you've invested the years and hard work it takes to become a great consultant, you should be able to reward yourself with a work/life balance that acknowledges your talent. One that doesn't include living out of hotel rooms and using a Blackberry to stay in touch with family. One that does include living where you work, taking charge of your assignments, and managing your career.
At North Highland, good consultants become better consultants because they are in control of the decisions that affect the balance between their personal lives and their professional lives. Here's how we put into practice the idea that you Own your life.
- You work where you live; travel is optional.
- You have input into consulting assignments.
- You will focus on clients and results, not hours.
- You can pursue flexible career tracks.
- We provide you with enabling technology.
- We support and encourage your local community involvement.
We also offer an outstanding benefit program that includes:
- Generous medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Matched 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Generous paid time-off including 3-4 weeks of vacation annually, available immediately after you're hired
- Health and child care spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
When you build a successful career advising clients on managing their business, you should also be empowered to manage the business of your career. At North Highland you are in control of your own development, pace, and even compensation. We don't believe in narrowly defined career tracks, "up-or-out" policies, or mismatched project assignments. If you are good enough to be here, we encourage you to expand into the career that best fits you. We know that our clients, and our business, will be better off for it.
Here are a few of the ways we help you Own your career.
- Multiple variable compensation opportunities allow you to target and manage how much you earn.
- A personal career coach is here to help you with your personal development plan.
- We conduct semi-annual reviews and personal development plan updates.
- We support 5-10 days training and development annually.
- We offer an education reimbursement program.
- You can be flexible with your career track – no time and tenure requirements.
- We promote at your pace - no "up-or-out" policy.
- You identify your career goals and interests. We ensure your client and project assignments take these into account.
- You have access to many knowledge sharing opportunities.
As you've no doubt gathered, North Highland fosters a culture of ownership among the professionals who work here. Nothing more embodies this than the fact that we are employee-owned. Every North Highlander has a financial stake in the company. Each of us is accountable, and rewarded, for the success of North Highland. No outside investors or shareholders to please. This is rare in the consulting world. We attribute our growth and award-winning recognition as one of the country's top consulting employers directly to the entrepreneurial spirit that drives our business. We are a winning team.
Become one of us, and take advantage of the following practices that help you Own your company.
- North Highland is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. You will receive shares in your account annually.
- You will receive regular communications about company business results.
- We regularly schedule all-employee meetings to make sure we all understand our company goals and results.
- We reward our employees for thinking, acting, and making business decisions like an owner.
NORTH HIGHLAND RANKS 3rd, 2011 BEST FIRMS TO WORK FOR
For the 2nd year running. North Highland has ranked #3 in Consulting Magazine's annual survey. That's 5 years in a row ranked fourth or better