In this case study, we explore how North Highland helped a global manufacturer by setting up governance controls and portfolio management capabilities. This was done to achieve better visibility and insight across all investments using NH360.
The client used various project management methods like agile and waterfall, along with tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, and Azure Boards, to run projects throughout the company. The common requirement across different business units was to set up governance controls and portfolio management capabilities for better visibility and insight into all projects.
Our Approach and Value Delivered
- We transitioned teams from a project-focused to a product/program-centered investment approach.
- Implemented necessary workflows to manage funding at the product/program level.
- Reduced governance controls at the execution level.
- Standardized cost structures for each group and integrated financial controls into the governance workflow.
- Simplified month-end financial reporting and variance analysis. Integrated with an ERP solution.
- Standardized the enterprise resource pool to better capture resource demand for all work, with capacity planning analysis to improve resource utilization.
- Introduced roadmapping to define, track, and communicate cross-project, program, and product interdependencies.
- Supported both waterfall execution and agile delivery, allowing teams to choose the appropriate execution methodology and tool while providing executives with the control they need across all investments.