In this case study, we explore how North Highland employed a cloud-based global SPM process and toolset called NH360. This setup removes inefficiencies and unnecessary data entry, providing a smooth experience to foster innovation results globally.
The client needed to streamline and optimize PPM processes. They sought a shift to a cloud-based solution that not only allows process customization but also provides improved functionality lacking in the current system. Moreover, the goal was to handle the ever-changing data points, metrics, and standardized reports to better meet governance, data quality, and leadership reporting needs.
We shifted client teams from a purely traditional waterfall approach to a hybrid waterfall/agile delivery model. We also standardized Demand Management across the entire enterprise, creating an efficient process for investment analysis, risk assessment, and strategic alignment. This setup supports both an annual and dynamic financial planning process, addressing the organizational goal of moving towards Agile transformation. The result? Improved delivery metrics through enhanced visibility and constant governance oversight.
- Made governance controls lighter and set up workflows to manage funding at the execution level.
- Standardized the cost structure for all groups and integrated financial controls into the governance workflow. This led to a streamlined month-end financial reporting process, including actuals and reforecasting, along with variance analysis.
- Standardized the enterprise resource pool and optimized resource planning and utilization. This provided visibility into resource constraints at both role and individual levels. To track cross-project, program, and product interdependencies, we utilized powerful roadmaps.
- Integrated financial reporting with ERP and standardized status reporting to showcase improvements in key metrics over time at the Portfolio, Program, and Project levels.
- Scheduling and milestone synchronization for roadmapping and dependency management were also standardized.
- Teams can now use their preferred tools and methods, while executives maintain control across investments.